Thursday, April 16, 2009

Throwing My Life Away

I don't remember where I heard someone say that they were throwing their lives away to follow Jesus.  Maybe it was a Misty Edwards song...probably.  Whatever.  Today has been one of those days when I re-evaluated my priorities.  

I have to blame a stranger in Pennsylvania (you don't get to say stuff like that EVER).  And I'm blaming him because he said, "Hey, you should just move here."  Contextually, that makes a ton more sense, but I'm not going to get into it.  What it made me do, though, was think, "What really matters to me?"  This is what I've discovered: Nothing is more important to me than doing something I feel God is calling me to do.  Now, don't misunderstand me.  I realize that my comment sounds kind of like I'm SUPER connected to God's will or something, but that's not what I mean.  What I mean is that I'm miserable when I'm outside of God's will, and so, not out of fear but respect, I don't want to stray too far from that.  I want to do what he wants, because I want to have a full life.  Whatever that means.

I think I'm going to Pennsylvania - Philadelphia to be more precise.  And I was so excited I could barely keep it in.  Molly thought I was nuts when I called her - since I didn't want to tell her over the phone.  But like I told her, everything has been so BAD for the last few months that finally something great is happening - something that gives my life a direction, even if it's only for a couple of months.

Jeff H. is opposed to me moving away - he wants me to stay and work at the NL, but dude...Philadelphia.

It all came together so easily.  There's got to be a reason behind it.

No comments: